Tuesday 14 April 2009

We Versus The Shark Tour Diary Part 16

Sixteenth Installment: CRK (14/04/09)

For anyone who laps me in worldliness many times over and finds these entries sort of redundant or obvious, I half-apologize, but I'm learning all kinds of new things over here, and I think we're all in the favor of demystification, right? Guys?

Personally, I know that my previously conceived notions of what a punk squat can be have been totally smashed upon reaching Europe. For the uninitiated, Professor Wikipedia says: "Squatting is a term for inhabiting an abandoned or unused building or plot of land without owning or holding a formal lease on it; a person squatting is known as a squatter, and the house or building occupied by squatters is known as a squat." The concept is inseparable from the punk world, and therefore can summon images of empty 40 bottles and compost piles gone horribly awry. Ladies and gentlemen, this is a squat in Wraclaw, Poland called CRK.



Jeff Tobias, We Versus The Shark. Blog courtesy of Flagpole Magazine: Colorbearer of Athens, GA Star Power!

No comments: