Friday 26 March 2010

Alan MX On Last Night's Belfast Show And Film Soundtrack

Alan MX showcased tracks from Warspichord and his forthcoming 2nd album Vaudevillan last night in Belfast and he basically killed it - great show/great response. Here's some photos and below are words from the man himself.



Darling, thank you so much for looking after me so well last night. I can't tell you how valuable this was to me as a musician. Working with Alan has got me so excited about the next album and what he will bring to it, and, as ever, the people of Ireland have bolstered me so much with their support. I think it went really well, and really, for the first time I felt like I was performing as an artist rather than a guy singing songs to a backing track. I think it's because beats are so important to me that working with a virtuoso like Alan really intrigued and inspired me. It was an experiment that far exceeded my expectations and I am ready to do it again NOW!

Thank you so much for your hospitality as well, I felt so welcome and comfortable with you both and I'm so grateful for the whole time. I can't wait to come back and see you again. Thank you so much.

The film is called Tears and is directed by John Lochland. There are some details on this page too. Basically I just lent vocals to the film, I didn't really write anything, but I'm going to be developing the track I sang on into a full song with James Loosemore who made the full soundtrack to the film and also remixed Green Tea for the single release (Metro Boulot Disco.

ARGH, I am so buzzed!! Thank you soooooooo much for these two days!!!!! You are a gorgeous person!!!!

xxxxx

Blip! Blip! Alan MX

No comments: