Tuesday 11 March 2008

Fort Awesome

I proper love The Mathletes, the musical project of minor internet celebrity (he'd hate that description, but it's kinda true) Joe Mathlete. The combination of his wonky vocals and lo fi records and songs about unicorns and being jealous of Conor Oberst and having a time machine and the fact that he's released about 20 albums over the last decade just can't fail with me. The last release was an album of covers, the wonderfully arrogant The Mathletes Own Other Peoples Songs, which you can download for free here. One of those covers is of My Bloody Valentine's "Only Shallow", and I've just discovered a video for it. Take a look:



It's really, really special.

I also feel the need to point you in the direction of his Joe Mathlete Explains Today's Marmaduke blog. If you've never read it, I can't stress how much you really, really should do.

No comments: